2006-11-22

6 movies in 4 Days!!!

I have lots to write but thought would pen them in one post. No point in splitting bcoz all of them are of similar type. All of them concerns the various movies I have seen. :-)

After a pathetic 3 weeks of house-hunt, I felt I needed a break. A serious break, I meant. But how will I if I have not yet completed what I had started? I mean, my house-hunt!! Fortunately, my college senior gave me the good news of his re-location to my current city - Hyd. Boy, what joy! I no more need stay all alone! :-) **i hate living alone** Since he is not sure of the exact locality where his office would be, we cannot search the house in advance until he arrives, which was @least an week away!! This mean, FREEDOM!!! Now I am free of house-hunting for few days until my friend lands here.

So, without wasting my time. I plunged upon this opportunity & watched like **wait lemme count** 6 movies :-) viz,
1. Apna Sapna Money Money (Hindi)
2. The Departed (English)
3. Snakes on a plane (English)
4. The Great Train Robbery (English)
5. Crash (English)
6. Being Cyrus (English/Hindi)

Wanna know my opinion on these? :-) Here we go...


1. APNA SAPNA MONEY MONEY: Its hilarious movie but depends on how quickly does your humour-bone gets tickled (or not). The cast is an impressive list of upcoming-actors. Ritiesh Deshmukh, Celina Jaitley, Riya Sen, Shreyas Talpade, Koena Mitra and also some veterans like Jackie Shroff, Suniel Shetty. The story as such isnt that great. A normal story with a guy in love with another gal & his friend , a petty-thief, helps him out. A age-old story. But the only difference is that the entire set of protoganist(s) are behind money. Every body needs money. The acting of Ritiesh Deshmukh has been a revelation. He was pathetic in his early films & has not improved a lot. Pretty decent. His acting prowess is shown completely in this movie, esp his appearance as a lady. :-) Hilarious. He has acted very well. For a new comer, Koena Mitra has proved to be good. And, as always, Shreyas Talpade is awesome. A movie worth watching esp if you get quickly tickled on your humour-bone. Yeah, I should not miss it. The music is very good. Esp the title song. Pritam is giving lots of very good scores. And skin-show was @ its peak. Boy! Boy! Koena Mitra & Celina Jaitely will make any saint lose his saint-hood.

2. THE DEPARTED: An awesome movie. The Crux of the movie is how the police infiltrates the criminal gangs & the criminals infiltrate the cop ranks. And the life of these infiltrators! The movie is excellently directed by Martin Scorsese. The direction is such that you know and yet you don't know. He has nicely played with the screen-play to get a high thrill quotient. Guess will try & see his other movies. The star cast is very impressive. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen. What acting. Phew! Jack Nicholson is so sexy in this movie. He over powers the charm of both Leonardo & Matt, who themselves are very masculine & good-looking. Phew! I am going crazy on Jack! He has a smooth presence on screen. The way he walks in or render his lines with such ease, he makes you wonder if he is portraying his real-life character. A movie worth watching for both direction & Jack.

3. SNAKES ON A PLANE: Another fantastic movie. Though a freaking frightening movie yet its worth the penny. At the end of the movie, I am sure you will freak out every time you see a snake. What a direction by David R. Ellis. He freaks you out. WEAK-HEARTED PPL PLZ KEEP OFF THIS MOVIE. The entire movie is about how thousands of very poisonous snakes suddenly appears on-board a 747. Boy, it was very very frightening. The entire movie is how the crew & the passengers almost lose out to the snakes and finally somehow manage to reach alive albeit only a handful. The start cast is again an impressive one with Sameul L Jackson, Julianna Margulies, Nathan Phillips, Rachel Blanchard, Flex Alexander. Sameul Jackson is awesome. What screen presence and the force with which his acts is awesome. He over-powers everyone. Julianna is hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. :-) Definitely gonna watch her other (if any, interesting) movies. ;-) Check this site

4. THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY: Do I need to even comment on this? What a classic it is. And to my surprise, it is directed by my fav author Michael Crichton. Never knew he was an director too. :-) What a revelation. I love this. And the cast again contains my fav actor Sean Connery among with others like Donald Sutherland, Lesley-Anne Down. This is a movie which should go into your collection. I am sure to buy this DVD once I buy myself a DVD-player :-) I dont even have the rights to comment on the acting prowess & capability of Sean Connery or Micheal Crichton. Just watch it & you will not regret it. And did i say its a collectors' item? Hope so. If you like own certain DVDs & Books then both the book & the movie is awesome. I have read the book too. Its worth the penny.

5. CRASH: This is an interesting movie with an interesting concept. The movie is directed by Paul Haggis. The story concept was a bit confusing to me until i realized that there is not much of story in it! The movie is all about how few disconnected people bump into each other & change the course of each-others lives. In short, how the lives of disconnected people "crash" into each other. **got the idea behind the name of the movie?? The movie has so many in their cast that I did not even recognize lot of them. I am listing only the few whom i could recognize. The cast is filled with Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Brendan Fraser. A good movie. A great time-pass. But not my collectors' item.

6. BEING CYRUS: If you dont get confused @ the begining. And till the last few scenes plz call me. I will bow-down to your abstract thinking. This movie, directed by Homi Adajania. This is a dark (apparently) comedic venture by this debutant director. When the movie ended I enjoyed it. It was a good movie. But till the movie ends you will frustrated on whats happening. The best part of the movie is Saif Ali Khan. Boy! Boy! He fits into any role, I suppose. Imagine his previous movie to this was Salaam Namaste, which was full comedy-romantic role and the very next movie a dark-psychotic role. Mark of a great actor. This movie cast is also very impressive with Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, Boman Irani, Simone Singh, Manoj Pahwa. Its a nice movie. If you like seeing movie beyond whats screened then you will not regret watching this movie.

go to main page

3 comments:

Chax said...

kalakk maams ...
romba nalla enjoy pannita nee
**back to basics**

The novel was written by Michael Crichton ..so he might have thought hey why not direct the movie too ..

Prakash Venkat said...

oh! 6 movies ...... I havent even seen one on the list , but for sure want to catch up with great train robbery .......

"I hate to stay alone " are these any indications or signs for leaping over bachelorhood .... :)

RP said...

chax:
Thanks dude. I am catch in on all the movies. :-)

PV:
"I hate to stay alone " are these any indications or signs for leaping over bachelorhood .... :)
no way dude. i enjoying my bachelor-hood. :-)