2005-12-13

Rasmus! Rasmus! Rasmus!


Rasmus! The name spells music. The name sounds musical. The name generates musical vibes. Yep. I am refering to the Rock Band "Rasmus" and about their tour to Bangalore on Dec 4, 2005. I attended this concert and, believe me, they were rocking. The concert was scheduled by 6:30pm and as usual the main performance did not begin even by 8pm. We, which included my friends Jayadev, Sameer and Anoop were in Palace Grounds by 6:45pm.

This concert was organized by 'Campus Rocks.' The event began with a rock performance by 'Presorika,' a Delhi based Rock band. Campus Rocks Boy! These guys were rocking. This band consisted of, like Rasmus, only 4 members - 2 guitarist, 1 drummer and 1 singer. The singer was awesome. Boy! They really sound more pro than most of the VH1, MTV or V-channel artists. What grace. What performance. Classic. I really enjoyed it. Sorry was not able to get any pix of 'Prestorika' to put up. In fact, I straight away went ahead and purchased their CD from the VH1 counter that was set up. Since I like metal and this being my first metal album purchase :-) I love the songs.

Then a little before 8pm, Rasmus group came up on stage. The band member are:
1. Singer - Lauri Ylönen aka Lintu
2. Guitarist - Pauli Rantasalmi aka Tonni
3. Bass - Eero Heinonen
4. Drummer - Aki Hakala aka Hattu

Lintu

Their performance for very good. Truthfully, I have never heard them but I went ahead bcoz I just had some 'gut' faith that they might be good. And, no regrets. Their songs were by large a very good collection. Though the number of audience were far less than expected still the crowd was going 'ga-ga.' Somewhere mid-way all the performers took a acoustic and sang some pretty good soothing numbers. In fact, the drummer Hattu even imitated our Indian style of English speaking while introducing a song. Pretty hilarious. Then they sang their version of 'Raghu pathi raghava...'

It was by large a very good show. I dont remember all the songs but I tried to list as much as my memory goes. If possible & if you are a Eng song lover, pls try to listen to these, they are good. And I vouch for it. :-)
1. Shameless
2. Keep your heart broken
3. Guilty
4. Funeral song
5. First day of my life

For more history on this group, pls refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rasmus Did not know that this group has been around for over a decade! Pretty good, yeah!

8 comments:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

1st

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

what a coincidence !!!!!! just yesterday , my cabin mate sent me 5 songs of Rasmus !!!!

Coincidence Coincidence and more Coincidence.

Heard Bond ??? Thatz very good ... if u like instrumental and Maxsim ....

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

And about the walk ... damn !!! I wanted to do it too ....

We never rem to think how fortunate we are ... right ???

RP said...

@deepa: Congrats.
@deepa: Rasmus is really good. Am planning to download, if available, all their songs.
@deepa: Yep.
We never rem to think how fortunate we are ... right ???
Ultimate truth. Guess these are the events thro' which GOD explains all the fortunate things we possess.

Hunsvi said...

nice to see u bloggin back .. never knew u were quite a rock fan though ! knwing you i am pretty much surprised !!! guess there is always a first time to everything ...

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

update ????

Unknown said...

what happened? no updates for longgg.. guess u r too much into Rasmus.. come out of it ;)

RP said...

@myself:
nice to see u bloggin back
Thank you.
knwing you i am pretty much surprised !!!
Oops! Who is this? And why surprised?
Neways, welcome to blog.

@deepa:
@prasad:
Busy. Busy. And very busy!! I was kinda tooooooo busy and did not even have time to reply to these comments. So bad naah? Will post one sooooon.